Monday, December 15, 2008

Weekend Fun

So this weekend was pretty busy! I hosted a shower for an old colleague of mine. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad everyone seemed to have a good time. It was a coed affair, and I also extended the invite to kids of attendees. It was cool. The kids were small enough to have fun playing with Tucker's toys. Tucker loved being around the kids (who were all girls, mind you). Until, that is, he was tired and needed a nap. But that kid is such a charmer.

The shower lasted about three hours and I was glad to see that the turnout was small but meaningful. If you know what I mean. I got to see some people I hadn't seen in a long time, and I got to meet a couple of people who were pretty damn cool.

The rest of the weekend was filled with running errands and pretending that I have a clean house. My downstairs - spotless. Upstairs, on the other hand, is an utter mess and I'm embarrassed by it. I need to have time to declutter, and I am - slowly but surely. But I feel like I have so many papers - and just stuff in general - that I can get rid of. Anyone have a massive shredder I can borrow?

Oh, and then this morning, Brian walked into Tucker's room and found Tucker STANDING UP in his crib. Time to lower the mattress!

No comments: