Monday, December 1, 2008

Good Genes (And Jeans)

I had a pretty fun weekend. I didn't sleep a lot, which is a shame. Because I'm really tired.

Thanksgiving was generally pretty fun. I'm sure Brian would agree that it wasn't the most relaxing time at his parents' house. It was cool to see everyone, though. Too bad Tucker woke up after a nap that lasted less than an hour. He was charming, of course, but really tired.

The rest of the weekend I tried to tidy up the house a bit and also start doing this whole recycling thing. I know, I'm a bad person for not recycling before this, but hey, cut me some slack, Jack. I'm trying here. So I'm working on a way to make it easy to plunk bottles and cans in one recepticle, paper in another, and general trash in yet another. I'm just trying to figure out whether those plastic Gerber baby food containers are recyclable. They have the right number in their recycle triangle, but I am still unclear about whether or not my county takes them. If anyone knows the answer to this question, that would be fab.

I bought a pair of jeans at Old Navy - the skinny kind. I quite like them. In trying on the jeans, I realized how much I really need to get rid of my little belly pooch. It's really unattractive and makes me find myself repulsive. Sad, isn't it?

Then today I took a gift card I had from Banana Republic and got another pair of jeans and a cute little sweater. Who doesn't need a cute little sweater? There's always room. And the jeans? They are seriously awesome. Given the fact that the jeans I've been wearing for the past 10 years are not kind of wearing through in the crotch, I needed another pair. It's just not really appropriate to wear them to work, although I still do. But these new Banana jeans...they are a GREAT replacement. Let's just say...they're bananas.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Glad to hear you are recycling! I think most places at LEAST recycle #1 and #2 plastic, so you are pretty safe with those. And congrats on the new jeans and sweater! I love Banana Republic, but it's a little out of my pay scale! *sigh*