Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I Figured It Out

The stupidest song in the world, that is.

Mr. Roboto by Styx. I listened to the whole thing this morning in the car, and I have to say, I am sad about those five minutes I'll never get back.

The funniest part is that when it came on, I was all, "All right! Yes! Woo hoo!! Mr. Roboto! I haven't heard this song in FOREVER!!" I was so pumped.

Then as I sat there listening to it, I became more and more upset by it. Because the lyrics are the worst ever. And then I looked it up on Wikipedia and it turns out that the song is part of Styx's concept album for a rock opera having something to do with some freak who gets locked up in some kind of jail for musicians or something and he escapes by killing the Roboto who was guarding him and hiding in his empty shell of a robot body. I seriously cannot believe that:
a. Styx made a rock opera/concept album
and
b. That this is what they chose as the plot

That's why the song says 'Domo arigato Mr. Roboto,' which translates to 'Thank you very much Mr. Roboto.' The guy is thanking this Roboto for letting him kill it and hide in his body.

This is all too much for me.

5 comments:

wassygirl said...

I seriously cannot believe that:
a) you took the time to look it up on wikipedia, and

b) you were excited to hear the song in the first place

;)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Placa de VĂ­deo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://placa-de-video.blogspot.com. A hug.

Erika said...

Are we on baby watch???? How are you?

Erika said...

Hope you and your new little one are doing well!!

Lauren said...

When are we going to see the new guy?!?! Congrats!