Friday, May 30, 2008

Amazing

Lots of things have become amazing to me since I've become Mommy to little Tucker.

I am amazed at how long I can stare at one person and not want to look away. Tucker makes the cutest faces, and even when he's actually NOT making any faces, I still have to stare.

I am amazed at how little sleep I can get by on now. Sure, I try to take naps here and there, but the sleep I'm getting is absolutely NOTHING compared to what I would get before. I am a champion sleeper.

I am amazed that I look forward to picking boogies out of my son's nose. They're so cool! Believe me, if it were anyone else, I would barf at the thought of having to dig in their nose. Blech.

I am amazed at how protective I am of him. I didn't think I would be this obsessive, but I am. Brian said he knew all along how obsessive I would be. I guess I should believe him.

I am amazed at the fact that I think I can tell what my little guy is thinking. And he's hilarious!

I am amazed at how much a little smile can bring tears to my eyes.

And finally, to end this post before I start rambling too much, I am amazed at how much I don't care about how I look when I go out in public. I should probably be ashamed of myself, but I'm not. I think I've worn makeup five times in the last almost six weeks.

2 comments:

wassygirl said...

from my observation, i think he enjoys the booger picking less than you do.

Erika said...

ha ha! You've got new motherhood down pat! Totally agree w/ you on all that. Isn't it amazing how it changes you and you don't care at all, but if someone had told you all that would change while you were pregant, you never would have believe them. Amazing!