Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Is Thanksgiving REALLY This Week?

I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving. As in, two days from now, it's Thanksgiving. It doesn't seem possible. This year has flown!

I'm really looking forward to watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. It's kind of a tradition. I think it really started one year at my friend Rachel's sleepover party. In fact, Rachel's birthday is today! We watched the parade on TV and ever since then, I've had to watch it every year from start to finish. It is so cheesy but it is totally great. I don't know why I keep blathering on about this, but I can't stop!!!

When I had my internship in New York, the parade went directly down our street. We all worked on Thanksgiving, which they do every year, and people brought their kids in to watch the parade from our windows. It was kind of a dream come true for me.

I think for the first time ever, I might do the whole Black Friday shopping thing. The whole getting up at 3 a.m. thing. We'll see. My cousin Bonnie and I were talking about it today at lunch and she sort of talked me into it. Sort of. Speaking of Bonnie, she was featured on a segment on the Rachael Ray Show today - the "Rach to the Rescue" segment. It was pretty awesome. She learned how to prepare a real Thanksgiving meal. As in, one that doesn't come from boxes! Everyone should check out the clip at www.rachaelray.com!

That's about it. This is kind of a lame post, but I'm tired. Word.

No comments: