Friday, October 23, 2009

Blasts From the Past

Sometimes people blast random music here in my office. Today I heard two gems:

Regulate by Warren G
The Choice is Yours by Black Sheep

This really takes me back to high school. It feels like high school was yesterday. However, I know that isn't true because my 15 year reunion is this year.

How is it that I graduated from high school 15 years ago? It only sounds like it's a lot of time. But truthfully, it went by in a blink.

Between college, marriages, kids, divorces and deaths, so much has happened. But when I think about high school, I can remember so many things as if they happened in the recent past. We all go our separate ways, but for so many of us, if we were to get together now, I feel like it would feel as if no time has actually passed.

At least, that's what I hope when I go to my reunion this year. Because we all went through too much together to have it just fall by the wayside. Sure, we all have our lives now, but it's nice to know that there are people out there who knew you THEN. It's comforting.

Hopefully someone who knew me then will hold back my hair so I can puke if I drink too much at the reunion.

No comments: