Tuesday, April 10, 2007

It Never Fails

Puppets will always make me laugh. I don't know what it is about them, but I am fascinated by them, and find them hilarious. I am especially obsessed with the Muppets.

Last night I was watching that new show, 'Thank G-d You're Here,' and it was okay. I think the participants were too nervous for their own good. I mean, it just goes to show how much some actors and comedians REALLY need a script, or at least some practice. But the skit with Mo'Nique was pretty good.

The premise of the show is to put comedians in completely improvised situations. They put Mo'Nique in a situation where she was the cohost of a game show. The game show was pretty random, I guess to throw Mo'Nique off. At one point they put up a bunch of random photos for the contestants to identify of people that were supposed to be celebrities, at least in Pretendland.

Well, one of the photos was of this busted-looking sock puppet and I seriously lost it. In fact, every time I think about it, I lose it all over again. Christ, I love puppets.

On a related note, whatever happened to Sifl and Ollie?

No comments: