Friday, April 6, 2007

Straight Hair = Hot

Every 8 weeks or so, I get my hair cut. And my beloved Angel, who has been cutting my hair since high school, straightens it every time I go in for a cut. I come out of the salon with my hair bouncing, which doesn't happen when it's doing its normal wavy/curly thing. I feel chic, I feel sophisticated, I feel different.

I like the straight hair - and it's fun to feel so different - but honestly, I LOVE my wavy/curly hair.

And maybe it's because I look so different with straight hair, but damn it, when people see me after I get my hair cut, they always remark on how good I look. So does that mean that I don't normally look good? Do they like me better with my hair straight? Do I normally look a hot mess?

It's like when people compliment you for losing weight...you have to wonder if you were that fat to begin with...

Editor's Note: I just went to the printer we all share at work and one of my coworkers asked me if I was the new Sanjaya. You know, since my hair is different today....

2 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

It's a proven fact...people with straight hair are cooler. Especially super straight, thin hair that lies flat against your head and looks greasy 4 hours after you washed it. I'm just saying...

Unknown said...

I was surprised a few years ago when I started growing my hair out again that it was actually curly. But I still prefer it straight most days.

And why is it that I can never replicate what the stylist does? I watch very carefully and I mimic his movements and "brushwork" but it never works.

Oh, side note: Now that my bangs have grown out, I realized, after years of actively avoiding it, I now, unintentionally, basically have "the Rachel." Sigh.