Friday, September 14, 2007

Bigger Matzoh Balls - Not Always Better

So for Rosh Hashanah, we went to one place one night and another place the second night. You pretty much always know what you're getting for Rosh Hashanah dinner and it usually involves turkey and stringbeans in one form or another.

And gefilte fish and chopped liver. And matzoh ball soup. Yum-o.

I'm going to be diplomatic here.

The first night, we had matzoh ball soup in which the balls weren't so big, but they were full of flavor and light and fluffly.

The second night, we had more matzoh ball soup at our second location. The balls were bigger, but more dense and dry inside. And lacking that matzoh ball flavor I have come to love.

I was disappointed. But at least there was Carvel ice cream cake for dessert the second night.

2 comments:

wassygirl said...

i think i can guess where you got the better balls.

Amy Anderson said...

My Catholic SIL taught me to make matzo balls this weekend and they were FABULOUS! Tasted just like my mom's.