Friday, September 19, 2008

Motivation? What Motivation?

So a week after blogging with much gusto about my motivation for organizing my life, I am totally UNmotivated now. I still want to make this a goal. It's really important to me. But I can't seem to find the time to even attempt to walk into my closet.

See, I have this little thing called a baby now and he takes up all of my waking hours when I'm at home. I'm so thrilled to have him! I'm not complaining. But I need some kind of balance so that I can do little things like housework and still manage to spend as much time with him as humanly possible.

Because there's the guilt factor I have for being away from him for 11 hours every weekday. Sigh. However, he deserves to have a clean, orderly household in which to grow up. And a fun household. Emphasis on the fun.

I just drank a beer. That's why this post is kind of ramble-y.

2 comments:

Fighting Mama said...

I totally and completely understand you. I really do. For the 12 weeks I was home it was all about making sure the house was just right and of course, the baby was sleeping ALOT so it was much easier.

Now...I would have this list in my head of everything I had to do before I went to bed: make formula, stock changing table, prep bottles, laundry, wipe down all kitchen counters, bleach the sink (I was petrified of germs...THEN). This was killing me and my marriage. My husband pointed out they were things I wanted to do, not things I HAD to do. He could have cared less if they were done and the baby doesn't know the difference. My house isn't a disaster but with a kid (moreso my husband), there is always going to be some clutter and I have accepted it. Not the gross kind, just stuff like shoes left out or jackets on the back of chairs instead of in the closet.

If you have the money, I really can't say enough good things about having a cleaning lady. For me to not have to worry about doing those things I hate (mopping, stairs, bathrooms, cobwebbies...)it is totally worth the $75 every 2 weeks. If your place is smaller, it might even be less. I have a 4 br, 3 1/2 ba, 3 level townhome - almost 2500 sq ft. It is by far the best $150/mo I could ever spend.

What seriously kicked my butt was I had the entire house repainted earlier this year and I refused to let it go back to being a disaster. A friend came over with her kids and it was a cleaning day to get things back in order. Since then, maintaining order has been alot easier. It's just that first hurdle...the biggest one, and then you can manage just fine. If you were closer I would totally come over and help!

Pardon MY rambling, I've only had half a cup of coffee.

Jen said...

Darling, Tucker doesn't have the concept of "clean" quite yet. He does, however, have the concept of Mommy. I vote for Mommy Time.