Friday, September 12, 2008

Motivation...and GO

I went to acupuncture last night. It was heavenly. I love getting stuck with needles. Actually, I don't love the getting stuck part (some points actually hurt!) but I love the feeling right after I get stuck. I know this probably sounds hokey, but I can feel the energy becoming unblocked where the needle goes in. It's pretty awesome.

As I lay there last night with the regular needles coming out of my feet, shins and wrists, and a couple of new ones in points on my nose (for sinus issues, thankyouverymuch), I kept thinking about how I want to be more organized in my life. So when my acupuncturist came back in to take the needles out and check my pulse, we talked about it.

We talked about the fact that I'm not an organized person by nature. I have always wanted to be organized, but I have trouble finding the motivation to actually be organized. I think having a child might be the motivation I need.

See, all I want to do when I get home is play with my baby, eat dinner and go to sleep. And by the time I am ready to go to sleep, it is all I can do to force myself to brush my teeth and wash my face. So I have got to think of some tactics to put into place in order to create, well, order in my life.

I think first I will start by organizing my closet. And actually doing laundry on a regular basis.

Next, I will meal plan more. That is, I will take the time on the weekend to think about what meals I want to make for the week, create a shopping list and go shopping based on that list. Period. No roaming the aisles aimlessly anymore.

After that, I don't know! But I really want to make this a serious goal. I go back to acupuncture next month and I want to be able to report on my progress to my beloved acupuncturist.

1 comment: