Monday, March 26, 2007

Don't Get Rear-Ended

I got rear-ended last week. It sucked. Mostly it sucked because I was on my way to lunch at the time, and I was hungry! But seriously, the guy rammed right into me while I was at a dead stop. He didn't even apologize.

Since then, I learned that he did over $2,000 worth of damage to my car. That was fine, because a day after the accident, I didn't feel any pain. The day after that, I didn't feel any pain either. I thought I was in the clear. Well, the day after THAT, my neck began to hurt. And so the fun of whiplash has arrived. I thought I could tough it out. I was wrong. This shit hurts! Although it doesn't disrupt my sleep, so I'm thankful for that.

Today I couldn't hold out any longer- I called the doctor. I knew I was bad because I couldn't bend my neck forward to dry my hair. My doctor wasn't around, so I saw the practice's nurse practitioner who actually made me cry. She was mean and yelled at me for stopping to say hello to someone I knew in the waiting room. I cried while the nurse took my blood pressure and I cried as I described the situation to the nurse practitioner. I think she felt bad because she handed me tissues and tried to make me laugh. I didn't.

Long story short, I need physical therapy. I refused the pain meds, and I can ice my neck. Big fun.

No comments: