Monday, March 26, 2007

Why Do Sunday Nights Suck So Bad?

For as long as I can remember, I have had the dreaded 'Sunday night feeling'. It's anxiety for the upcoming week. It's mourning the weekend just past. And I just wish it would go away.

Sunday is a perfectly good day. But come about 7 p.m., the feeling just creeps up and no matter what I'm doing, I can't make it stop. I get so depressed about the fact that the weekend is over so quickly, and I wish I would have gotten to do more with my free time.

The thing is, Sunday night isn't so bad on paper. Brian and I usually eat dinner with his family or sometimes mine. The TV's pretty good that night. I just wish I could get rid of the feeling that I have to go through a whole week before I get to the weekend again.

Once Monday afternoon rolls around, I'm fine. But why can't I snap out of my depression for those 17 hours?

No comments: