Tuesday, March 27, 2007

MTV Has Reached An All-Time Low - And I LOVE It!!

After my favorite show The Hills last night, I decided to catch MTV's latest brilliant offering, The X Factor. Basically, it involves two people who used to date, their current significant others and a really nice beach resort. The exes arrive with their current loves and are promptly taken to luxury accomodations where they will spend the weekend - minus their significant others. So the exes are essentially stuck together for the whole weekend in this nice romantic setting. Sounds innocent enough, right?

Meanwhile, the significant others are put up in a shitty bungalow and are forced to spy on their boyfriend/girlfriend to see if they remain faithful. It's awesome. The exes are all awkward around each other at first, but by the second night, they've forgotten all about being awkward as they tongue each other in the hot tub. Oh, those sneaky MTV producers!!!

The significant others of the exes watch the entire display. After the weekend is over, they confront their boyfriend/girlfriend, give them two tiles with an X on one and an O on the other, and tell them to choose who they want to be with. In this particular episode, the exes end up back together.

It's pretty confusing, I know. I'd definitely watch it again, though. Too bad my favorite show The Hills season finale and reunion show is on in its time slot next week.

2 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

You said "shitty"! I'm proud of you...

wassygirl said...

sweet. my answer is get outta my car.