Thursday, March 29, 2007

My Backyard Rocks

Yesterday when I got home from work, Brian was working in the front yard. There was this huge patch (15 feet by 30 feet) of weeds that he took down in the fall and we don't want things to keep growing back, so we're going to put crushed rock there. The weeds were literally taller than I am. Not that that's saying much, but still. They had leaves that were bigger than my big head.

Anyway, I didn't really want to hang out and watch Brian dig in the dirt, and he was tired anyway. So he made a fire in our fire pit out back and roasted marshmallows and drank beer. It's been awhile since I've had a drink and I was buzzed after the first bottle. It was so relaxing and I have to say that I haven't really relaxed in a good long while. Our backyard is big and woodsy enough that sometimes you forget you're in a backyard - you could just be somewhere in the woods. Last night made me grateful that we have it.

After one beer, I was hungry and the marshmallows weren't cutting it. So I went in and made dinner while still buzzed. I have to say it was some of the best food I've made in awhile. I should cook drunk more often.

No comments: