Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Try To Figure This One Out

I had the weirdest dream last night.

I went to my doctor for a regular OB appointment and the midwife, played by Brooke Smith, who is currently the new heart surgeon on Grey's anatomy, did an ultrasound. Well, we didn't tell her that we don't want to find out the sex until the birth. That was a mistake. Because on the screen, we could see the baby's little penis. I said, "No, no, we didn't want to find out yet!!"

So Brooke Smith who was playing my midwife said she would just deliver the baby right then. She did, and the baby came out with Norm McDonald's head. It could talk and stuff. In that Norm McDonald voice. And I kept thinking, I know I'm supposed to love my baby, but how can I deal with that whiny voice??

Then to throw another wrench in the whole situation, my mom was at a bartenders' convention in Vegas. She planned it because I wasn't supposed to deliver until weeks later.

I woke up very confused and grateful that Norm McDonald is someone else's son. I mean, he's funny and all, but that voice...man...

4 comments:

Erika said...

BOB DOLE!!!! THAT'S BOB DOLE'S PEANUT BUTTER! I'm glad Norm isn't your baby - he's got a bad mouth and a drinking problem.

Happy Birthday!

bird said...

wait, is your mom a bartender?

Erika said...

I'm delivering at Franklin Square, how about you?

Heather said...

Erika, I'm delivering at GBMC