Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Dear Yo Gabba Gabba,

Thank you for being like crack to my son. I mean this in a good way.

I can't explain it, but something about the show Yo Gabba Gabba can captivate Tucker like nothing else. I've tried other shows, and he'll watch for a few minutes. But he won't sit right in front of the TV mesmerized with other shows like Jack's Big Music Show the way he is with Yo Gabba Gabba.

I find myself singing the show's songs throughout the day at work. "Please don't throw things at friends, please don't throw things at friends," or "Shake shake shake shake it off! When you get hurt you have to shake it off!" It's amazing how catchy the songs are. Tucker has even started singing to them. It's hilarious - he just sings gibberish in this falsetto-ish voice along with some of his favorites. I think he's a little shy about it because I can't get him to do it all the time.

My only complaint with the show is that it's on at such weird times. Granted, I have no clue what time it's on during the day since I'm at work, but why why why does it have to be on at 10:30 at night?? And I'm totally grateful that it's on On Demand, but why why why are there only four selections available at any given time? We can watch four episodes in an evening...and then watch them all over again the next day! No wonder I know all the songs by heart.

All I know is, a kids' show that features bands like The Shins, celebrities like Jack Black and rappers like Biz Markie is awesome. So what I'm trying to say is, the show might be like crack for my son...and I might - might - be addicted myself.

No comments: