Tuesday, September 1, 2009

This Time of Year...

...always motivates me to get back into cooking. I love to cook. But during the summer, I'd rather be NOT cooking.

So...I've spent some time today going on recipe sites trying to come up with some creative ways to cook chicken that don't involve me marinating them in Soy Vay. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Soy Vay. But sometimes I'd like to prove that I can do something other than marinate chicken in the stuff.

On a somewhat related note, this time of year also reminds me that I can knit - although I'm no expert - and I really really really want to get back to it. I think I'll start with a hat I meant to knit myself this past winter. Maybe it'll be finished by next winter. Stay tuned for the progress.

I'm feeling a little rusty on the writing front, which is ironic, because I got to do a LOT more writing this summer at my client's office than I have in a long time at my job. It was nice. But I feel like my personal writing has gone way downhill.

Good thing I've committed myself to writing daily in this blog.

No comments: