Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Why I Wish I Liked to Run

If I liked to run, I'd be able to put on a pair of running shoes, open my door, and hit the pavement. If I liked to run, I could do it pretty much anytime, pretty much anywhere. If I liked to run, I wouldn't have to join a gym to get my cardio in.

Unfortunately, I don't like to run. Since giving birth, I've exercised two times. I gave birth in April of 2008. So...this isn't the best track record.

I am feeling like I want to work out. However, this feeling usually comes in the middle of the day while I'm at work. Not exactly the best time to go sweat it out. By the time I get home from work, I just want to cook and eat dinner, play with my baby, hang out with my husband and go to sleep. I am freaking tired.

At the same time, I know that working out will give me more energy, get rid of the muffin top I've got going on, and make me feel better in general. But I honestly feel like I don't have the time. Plus, all of our workout equipment is in the basement, and that's not quite the best place for anyone to be at the moment (we had a little issue with some water coming in). So what's a girl who feels that workout need to do?

I'm not sure. I'm asking for opinions. Something cheap. Actually, something free. I hear that there's an exercise channel on Comcast On Demand. Anyone ever try it?

This would all be so much easier if I liked to run.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

so finally i can leave a comment :) So here's the secret to running, I don't like doing it either but I love the feeling after I've accomplished a 30 minute run, I'm convinced it's the most time and money efficient way to burn calories. i'm most likely to fit it in on sat and sun mornings and about half the time I take spence in the jogging stroller. he usually likes it. start with running 3 walking 1 and then increase the running...you won't regret it!