Thursday, November 1, 2007

Hurt Boogies

Does anyone ever get those boogies that stick to the sides of your nostrils? The kind that when you move your nose around, they scratch its insides? I woke up with a nose full of them this morning. My college friend coined the term, but it's such a good, descriptive one that I have to use it too. Hurt boogies.

So pregnant women can tend to have more sinus issues. That is so the case for me. I don't normally have terrible allergies this time of year, but I'm starting to sympathize with all the people I know who do. But, since it's all for a good cause, I'm not going to complain. Too much.

4 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

Hurt boogies are the worst but it's such a great feeling to pick them out and see how HUGE they are. Not that I've ever done that. Or that Chris does that and shows me. Nope, not at all.

As for pregnant sinus issues...I've become a snorer since becoming pregnant. I wake myself up most nights as I'm falling asleep.

Heather said...

OMG Amy I just remembered that I woke myself up the other night. Now that I think about it, there was a big snort...Brian must not have been in the room yet or else I never would have heard the end of it.

Erika said...

Two words for you my friend, SINUS RINSE! OMG, this stuff is the best.

You can make your own and squirt/pour the stuff up your nose every night or you can buy what I use. It's called Neil Med sinus rinse and you can get it at Walgreens (and RiteAid, I think). Here's their website: http://www.neilmed.com/

OMG, I have sinus issues and major congestion and HURT boogies when I'm not pregnant. And Jay and I discovered this stuff in the spring. It has changed my life - I get fewer headaches and less allergic sneezing. And we both noticed we hardly have boogies anymore. (Not good if you like to pick 'em, I guess.) It's a little weird at first getting used to squirting the water up your nose, but the NeilMed stuff is good b/c it doesn't burn as much as making your own will. You should try it - it's fairly inexpensive!

Erika said...

Oh and totally safe during pregnancy - it's basically just salt and baking soda in warm water. Totally homeopathic!