Friday, November 23, 2007

Sometimes I Don't Like People

Some people are saying that I don't look pregnant, that I'm not showing, blah blah blah. I guess they mean it as a compliment, but I totally feel like I'm showing. I'm exclusively in maternity pants for crissakes.

And now they are comparing me to another person I know who is pregnant. She is two weeks behind me and her belly popped a couple of days ago, seemlingly overnight. And one of the people I know said, "But you haven't popped yet and you're ahead of her."

Okay first of all comments like that are just ignorant. Everyone's body is different. Plus, if you haven't noticed that my belly has popped, it might just be because I don't wear formfitting clothes and you just can't tell as much with me.

I don't know why this bothers me so much, but I guess it just sort of makes me feel like I'm less of a pregnant woman because my body is carrying things differently. I really wish people would keep their opinions to themselves.

Aaaand scene.

2 comments:

wassygirl said...

first, do you mean "eeeeend scene"? or is it really "and scene"? second- you look pregnant to me. i think people do mean it as a compliment that you don't look pregnant.

Heather said...

Nope, I mean aaaand scene.

And thanks, Wassygirl.