Monday, June 11, 2007

And After All, You're My Wonderwall(flower)

I went home at lunch time. I decided that I hated the pants I had on. I changed pants and came back to work. No one noticed.

If I had friends at work, they would have noticed that I'm wearing a completely different pair of pants than what I had on earlier in the day. Because I have no friends at work, I'll just go about my business in my new threads.

I swear, I don't smell, I'm friendly and I get along well with others. The office dynamic here is quite unlike any other I've experienced. Because of that, I learned to keep to myself. In my cube. With my finger puppets and Raisin Bran.

3 comments:

Erika said...

You'll have to tell me non-blogging where you work. I'm intrigued. I don't think anyone at my work would notice either. I sit behind a desk all day - they probably don't know I have legs.

And I think it's all about the personalities that work here...I'm the youngest and while I'm friendly with most people, there aren't any people I'd socialize with - even to go out to lunch. Although I usually end up making friends with the grad assistants when they start in the fall, but they keep getting younger and younger. I won't be cool for much longer. LOL!

Lauren said...

I met one of my best friends at work. And then she moved. I have a couple of friends here, but no one compares to that one. And it's actually lonely.

Like I said, I do have a couple of friends here, but when my other friend was here, I never had to worry about lunch plans, even if it was Lean Cuisines together; we were in each other's offices all the time; or we were on the phone to each other. And our offices were next door!

(sigh) I miss her. We still chat on the phone often and e-mail all the time, but it's not the same, no way, no how. Hell, I miss having her around after work, too.

Thanks for the depressing reminder! ;P

Andria said...

Oh dear, I just choked on a dorito when I read the part about finger puppets and raisin bran.
Hilarious.