Friday, June 29, 2007

Too Much Goodbye

I'm not big on goodbyes. I like my friend Shana's rule. If you're at a big party or a wedding or something and you have to leave before the end, don't say goodbye, just leave. As in, don't disrupt everyone and make them stop doing what they're doing, just make a quick exit. I don't know - I like it.

So now that my time here at my job is winding down, I feel sad to be saying goodbye to everyone. I know, I complained about having no friends here, but when you work with people for so long, you become used to them. Oh, what am I saying, there are people here I'm going to miss. But saying goodbye - ugh. I hate it.

And where do you draw the line? For instance, I see the same guys who work in the cafeteria every day. Do I tell them I'm leaving? I mean, it makes me sad to think about. It's just another person I have to say goodbye to and as I said before, I'm just not big on goodbyes.

I'm just rambling. This is not a fun post. Sorry.

2 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

I say the last time you'll see your cafeteria friends, instead of your usual goodbye, say something like, "Well, take care of yourself. I'm leaving for a new job. Thanks for everything!"

Erika said...

I'm like that too - although I doubt the cleaning staff around here would miss me. (Not that I'm a dirtball - they don't seem to care much about anyone.)