Wednesday, June 6, 2007

So Far, The Most Exciting Hour of My Day

I went to the mall at lunch to get away from the office. I actually hadn't been there in quite awhile. I impressed myself immensely when I went into Bath and Body Works during their semi-annual sale and came out with nothing. Yeah, I picked up various bottles in fun flavors like Wild Honeysuckle and Water Lily Blossom. I even walked around with some products in my hand, as if I were going to buy them. In the end I convinced myself that I didn't need any of them. Especially since my linen closet is chock-full of purchases I made at the last Bath and Body Works semi-annual sale in January. Where do the six months go, I ask you??

I was hungry, so I ventured up to the food court. I studied the menus at most of the places (except for the Jananese joint, which I'd already gone to earlier in the week - oh wait, maybe I HAVE been to the mall recently - disregard the second sentence of this post) and ended up at Subway. Subway always has the longest line, which is cool, because it usually moves pretty quickly. Soon enough it was my turn.

"Yes sir?" the woman behind the counter said to me.

"Um...I'll have a six-inch turkey on wheat?"

I got called 'Sir' at Subway today. It must have been my long hair and the skirt I was wearing.

2 comments:

wassygirl said...

maybe she thought you were a peanuts character.

Amy Anderson said...

LOL!! See, THAT comment is the kind of wittiness I'm talking about that I just don't seem to have...Love it.