Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I've Lost Contact

This morning, as I do every morning, I put my contacts in my eyeballs. I always do the left one first. After I finished, I left the bathroom to select my outfit for the day. I noticed that my right eye was blurry. No matter, I thought. This happens a lot. I'll just blink a few times and it'll clear right up. This morning though, no dice. Damn.

Back to the bathroom I went, where I stuck my finger in my eye in an effort to slide the contact out and clean it with some more solution. Hmm. No contact. Oh well, maybe it's stuck up under my eyelid or something, I thought. I poked myself in the eye a few more times with no success. Shit! My eye was really starting to get red!

Only then did I look down and notice that my contact was sitting on the countertop, right next to its case. What the...? This whole time my stupid contact was probably sitting there laughing at me while I jabbed my finger into my eye repeatedly. Don't worry, folks, I washed my hands before I started doing that. I am puzzled as to how I missed the contact falling out of my eye after I put it in, but that's probably just going to remain one of life's great mysteries.

Another mystery for today: I was driving behind a car with a vanity plate that read, "Punjaby". I wasn't quite sure what to make of it. Is this person very proud of his/her Indian heritage, or is he/she just a really big fan of the movie 'Annie'?

The world may never know.

1 comment:

wassygirl said...

one time something like that happened to me with a tampon. i could have sworn i had one in, but i didn't.