Thursday, June 7, 2007

A Wuss Reformed?

Last night I did something that is so totally out of character for me that I can't even believe I did it. I played ultimate frisbee with my husband at his pick-up game.

You have to understand, I am not a sporty girl. Sure, I go to the gym on a regular basis. But I have never been into playing sports so much, aside from the occasional basketball game in gym class. I realized last night after the game that I had never in my life played a real team sport. Isn't that weird? Never played softball, never really played on a high school team (does one quarter of cheerleading count? how about my weeklong stint in lacrosse?). This was my first experience playing with a team. Just thought that was interesting.

It was fun. Everyone was friendly and didn't seem to mind that I had absolutely no clue what I was doing. At all. Whatsoever.

But today I am in PAIN. The top sides of my calves hurt and it is a bitch to walk.

6 comments:

Erika said...

Liar. I seem to remember you and Amy playing on the E8 co-ed intramural softball team freshman year. Amy I crazy in remembering that?

I hate team sports - I'm a big clutz and have no coordination. I think they bribed me with beer to play that spring.

Heather said...

You are indeed crazy. I was the stoned girl watching Pulp Fiction all the time. I had no time for softball!

You played??? Who was on your team?

Erika said...

It was the entire E8 crew - I'm sure you were there. Walt, Joe, Steve, Seigle, Frank, Christina, Katie, god, I can't remember everyone's name. We sucked.

Lauren said...

I guess now that you've broken the wuss barrier, it's OK to tell you that a friend of mine almost died playing frisbee.

Some sort of accident, lost his spleen, almost bled to death. But he's fine now.

Heather said...

Are you kidding me????? I am having a word with my husband about this. Hmph.

Lauren said...

Oops.