Friday, June 15, 2007

No, Really, I'm 31

How embarrassing is this scenario:

I was just on the phone with my dad. I'm sitting in my cube, which is not made for private conversations. Not that I was having a real private conversation, you understand, but I'm just pointing out that anyone can listen in to what I'm saying.

So I said to my dad, "When I talked to Mommy..."

I don't need to finish the sentence.

The point is that I referred to my mother as "Mommy" loud enough for my coworkers to hear. And I am so sure they did.

5 comments:

Erika said...

Geez, even my 3 year old calls me mom sometimes.

j/k! LOL! ha ha ha!

Heather said...

It's funny, I call my parents Mom and Dad to their faces, but when I'm talking about them, it's always Mommy and Daddy!

Amy Anderson said...

My brother Brian does the same thing. He calls her Mom to her face but Mommy when he's talking about her. You two have issues.

Andria said...

lol... I bet you are a hoot to work with.

Wide Lawns said...

Alas, I do the same thing. I've even heard my dad call my grandmother Mommy. Perhaps its more common than we think.