Thursday, May 10, 2007

Bathroom Antics

I know I like to think my shit don't stink, but I lean a little bit closer...oh, whatever, you know the rest.

I think I need to learn not to go to the communal bathroom on my floor right after lunch. Because it's a fucking free-for-all of crapping going on in there. Sometimes I am seriously shocked at the smells. Hasn't anyone ever heard of a courtesy flush?? Do these women have no shame? I am seriously embarrassed to do my business at work - I wait till no one else is around OR I go to a seldom-occupied bathroom on another floor. And I ALWAYS do the courtesy flush. What's so hard about it?

The concept of the communal bathroom is sort of lost on me anyway. Going to the bathroom - at least in my mind- is one of the most intimate things you can do. I really really don't need for other people to hear me do it. Can't they build little walls in between the stalls so no one can hear each other? And while they're at it, can they place some air freshener up in that mofo so if your business smells less than fresh, at least you can mask it with Spring Bouquet?

And whatever, before anyone (does anyone read this thing anyway??) calls me out, I know I am anything but ladylike. But at least I have class enough to be embarrassed by my bodily functions. At least some of them. Farts don't count.

2 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

I have the same issue in my work bathroom. I actually go to a different floor b/c they're all lawyers up there that are always in court so there's never anyone in the bathroom. The "ladies" next door to us always explode with the nastiest shit in the world, so I can't even step foot in our bathroom anymore.

Erika said...

Try sharing a communal bathroom with nasty ass college students. I don't make a habit of SAWing (Shit At Work), but I agree that I'm appalled at the stuff some women do.

Remember back in college and how you had to work the communal bathrooms - man, I'd always try to wait until no one was around too. Kind of hard w/ 40 some girls sharing one bathroom!