Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Pledge

There was a guy my friends and I met sophmore year of college. His name was Chris, but the guys I hung out with named him 'Pledge'. He was sort of their mascot for awhile. These guys weren't in a fraternity, but sometimes they acted like they were, and they recruited Chris, aka Pledge, to do stuff for them just like a pledge in a fraternity would.

He was really fun and funny and totally insane. We learned that he hacked into his high school's computer system to change his friends' grades. So not only was he a little crazy, but also brilliant. He could really hold his liquor, too. I could tell a lot of stories about Pledge, but there are just too many to tell.

Pledge was around all through college. He was a huge part of our group of friends. I could always count on seeing Pledge any time of day, mainly because I think he skipped a lot of class. One night we were all hanging out at someone's apartment and Pledge said to me, "I've always had a crush on you." I told him to shut up and he passed me the bong.

Things went downhill when Pledge started dating this girl "D". She was cool at first, but eventually turned Pledge against all his friends. By the time we all graduated, we had lost touch with him. It makes me sad. She was a complete bitch and I really hope he didn't marry her. She was his only serious girlfriend in college.

I miss that goofy bastard.

If anyone out there knows a guy who was nicknamed Pledge in college but whose real name is Chris, please tell him that I'm looking for him.

3 comments:

Amy Anderson said...

Was he even enrolled in classes? I thought he was just a drifter...

Heather said...

Yeah, he was a criminal justice major I believe.

Erika said...

OMG, I totally forgot about Pledge! HA HA HA HA! I didn't even know his real name. That's when the guys were all living in Hagerstown, wasn't it? I know a few stayed on Ellicott 8 (where I was at the time) and I remember the shit they'd get him to do.

Goodness, that is a blast from the past. I hope you find him and he didn't end up with that bitch!