Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Shaving or Eyeshadow?

Sometimes while in the shower in the morning, I have to make a quick decision. Because I give myself just enough time to wake up, check the morning papers online and get ready for work, I can either shave my legs or wear eyeshadow - but not both. That would require an extra five minutes that I just can't spare.

Sure, I could spend a little less time online in the morning. I don't necessarily have to check MySpace - but since it's banned at work, I won't be able to look all day. And I really need to read those bulletins. They're full of great tidbits such as how many times my friends have eaten cereal in the past week or which of them pees in the shower.

I'm digressing, but that's what I do. And maybe that's why I don't have time each day to have both silky-smooth legs AND beautifully made-up eyes (because I am THAT good at putting on eye makeup).

I guess the lesson here is that I really don't need to hit the snooze button 3 times - what's an extra 9 minutes of sleep getting me anyway? It's just another reminder of the depressing fact that I actually can't stay in bed all day. Better to just get up and get on with it, right?

Okay, lesson learned. I'll let you know tomorrow if I actually follow through and get up earlier.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, today I chose shaving.

1 comment:

Erika said...

OMG, I'm the same way. Those extra 10 minutes of sleep seem sooooo necessary when you're still in bed, but overall, you know it was a waste of time b/c you're no more rested. I've been doing better this week at getting up almost right away, but I feel more tired. WTH? Maybe those extra 10 minutes were helping me?