Wednesday, May 23, 2007

What's a Meme Anyway? Doesn't It Mean 'Same' in French?

So I've been tagged by the Ranting Radish to do one of these Meme things in which I divulge all kinds of secrets about myself. By all kinds of secrets, I mean 10 things that might seem a little quirky to the average person.

1. I watch my odometer obsessively. No, not because I'm watching to see how many miles I get to the gallon or some such dorky thing. I watch because if the miles reach a number with all the same digits, such as 888 or 2222, in my weird little superstitious mind, something good will happen. It's like I've won the jackpot in Vegas every time I catch it happening.

2. I am constantly giving people the finger when I drive. People are idiots, and they deserve to know how I feel about them, even if all they've done is take an extra second too long at the stop sign. My husband gets so mad at me because not only will I flip people off when I drive, but I do it when he's driving too.

3. I have absolutely no idea what to be when I grow up. My job aspirations change daily, and sometimes more often than that. In the past week alone, I wanted to be a pharmacist, an aromatherapist, the great American novel writer, a Saturday Night Live writer and a makeup artist. Funny, not one of those things is even remotely close to what I'm currently doing with my life.

4. I wore the same pants to work twice this week. It's only Wednesday.

5. I absolutely cannot, ever ever ever, have anything sweet for dinner. I am not one of those people who gets off on the fact that they ate ice cream as the main portion of their meal. Nor will I ever eat a PB & J and be satisfied for the night. I am more a savory girl, not sweet.

6. I am scared to be home alone at night. Especially if my husband isn't coming home and I have to sleep alone. I am convinced that a serial killer knows I'm by myself and is plotting to kill me. I never have these thoughts during the day.

7. I am not a phone person. Which really sucks because my phone number at work is posted on our Web site, and I get misdirected calls all day long from people who need a new insurance card or are looking for information on their dental benefit. Consequently, I don't answer my work phone a lot. Voicemail is my best friend.

8. I have a thing for ugly old men with big lips. I am obsessed with Mick Jagger and Steven Tyler. I do good impressions of both of them. You should ask me to demonstrate.

9. While we're on the subject of impressions, I also do a good one of Oprah and one of any contestant on Deal or No Deal. Feel free to ask about them for your next party.

10. I love the beach, love everything about it, but I get really skeeved when staying in beach hotels/motels/rented houses. I hate to walk around barefoot in them, because you just know a lot of gnarly shit went down in every single hotel/motel/rented house in every single beach town in the entire world. I love blanket statements.

11. I'll throw in an extra one for good measure. I think it's bad luck to knock on wood. I actually prefer rubbing the wood for good luck. If someone knocks on wood in my presence, I will rub it right after. Yes, I know how perverted this sounds.

I don't know too many bloggers (although I would like to) so I'm going to tag Wassygirl. Maybe she'll do it, maybe she won't. Stay tuned!!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Okay, I just choked on my lunch b/c I was laughing so hard. Amy did a good thing in tagging you. #2 made me laugh uncontrollably for some reason. I think everyone in my office is wondering what the hell I'm doing.

I am totally with you on #3, #4, #5, #6, & #10. I mean, seriously, we are kindred spirits.

When my DH was away last week, I was convinced someone was going to come into my bedroom and get me. Not the kids, just me.

Amy Anderson said...

I've seen the Mick Jagger impersonation and it never ceases to amaze me. You have real talent.