Tuesday, May 29, 2007

If I Had a Dime...

Every morning I wake up with the best of intentions. I'm going to get to work early, I'm going to take care of business, I'm going to eat a lunch packed with nutrients that is easy on the pocketbook, I'm going to go to the gym after work, I'm going to cook up some healthy grub for dinner, I'm going to hang out with my husband but I'm still going to go to bed at a reasonable hour.

Let's just say I'm lucky if I get to work on time. It goes downhill from there.

I think my biggest struggle every day, though, is the struggle I have with myself about going to the gym after work. If I've gone to the gym the day before, I am so pumped to get there again. I feel energized, I feel like I'm doing something good for myself - and I am DEFINITELY going to go.

By 3:00 I'm fighting with myself. I want to go, but then again I don't. I don't like the cardio machines, I hate running, etc, etc, etc. I know I'll feel so much better if I go, but all I want to do is go home and do nothing.

This entry is really just an extension of me fighting with myself. But I think I've won - so what does that mean? I'm going to the freaking gym.

1 comment:

wassygirl said...

i'm fighting with myself about whether to go to yoga. just like i fought with myself yesterday about it.