Friday, May 4, 2007

You Take WHAT to the Cleaners?

I went to the cleaners on my lunch break today to pick up some clothes. I always watch the most interesting people while waiting in line. Today was no different - the guy paying for his stuff had his cleaned clothes hanging on that metal hangy thing that you hang dry cleaning on while you pay. I took stock of what he had.
Suit - check
Work shirts - check
Black long-sleeved cotton Lionel Richie top - wha??

Once again, I was laughing by myself. This is a constant in my life. But this guy brought to the cleaners his long-sleeve t-shirt with Lionel Richie circa 1982 on the front. It seriously looked like a velvet Elvis painting, only with Lionel Richie.

I really had to contain myself and wait till I got to my car, and when I did, I could NOT STOP LAUGHING. Normally I feel bad laughing at people, but this was just too much. I am probably going to hell.

3 comments:

Erika said...

At first when I saw you wrote a "Lionel Richie" shirt, I was thinking it was some shirt that it LOOKED like he would have worn - then I realized it had a PICTURE of him on it. OMG, I would have been giggling too - what the hell??????

Amy Anderson said...

I wish Lionel Richie was my dad...

Heather said...

Amy, when we were in elementary school, there was this girl whose dad looked exactly like Lionel Richie. And he was sort of flashy in that way too. It was uncanny.