Thursday, May 3, 2007

Light Up the Stage and Wax a Chump Like a Candle

BodyPump is my favorite class at the gym. Strength training for all major muscle groups in one hour - you can't beat that. Each muscle group gets its own song, and every few weeks or so, new songs come out so that no one gets too bored.

Last night was especially fun. After a really fun squat track of a song I can't remember at this very moment (but at the time I liked), and good chest and back songs, I was pumped when I heard the first strains of 'Sexyback' for triceps. (Although when you think about it, it might have been a more appropriate song for the back exercises.) Justin Timberlake made those tricep kickbacks and pushups fly by.

Well, it got better. Because next was biceps. Imagine my excitement when I hear this - Din din din din din din din. Din din din din din din din- you know what I'm getting at, right? You don't? You can't hear the din dins in your mind??

It was, yes, Ice Ice Baby. Oh my G-d. I was beside myself . I looked around the studio at my Pump classmates, and no one looked phased at all. In fact, they looked like robots at that moment. Here I was, cracking up, but I was apparently laughing alone. It was the most fun bicep song ever ever ever.

And here's the best part (or most embarrassing part) - I knew every single word to that song.

3 comments:

Erika said...

"Deadly! When I hear a dull melody, anything less than the best is a felony!"

(I would have been laughing with you!)

Heather said...

Erika, I seriously could not contain myself.

Shana said...

I tried to use that song in a spin class, but it was too corny. I nixed it.

We just got Bodypump at LBHF. We nixed group power. I think the music was too maz.